How do I request a speaker?
- You can either complete the online request form, or contact us directly by calling our agent Jill Nickerson at 918.392.7124, or e-mailing her at JillNickerson@thepersimmongroup.com. Jill will ensure that you book a TPG Speaker to best fit your needs.
How much advance notice is needed to book a speaker?
- Because our speakers are currently working as consultants and practitioners, we do recommend as much notice as possible. Our speakers are available on a first come, first serve basis. If the speaker is available, they can speak at your event with very short notice.
Will your speakers “hold” dates?
- We are happy to place a tentative hold on a speaker’s calendar for a limited time while you consider your speaker options. We can sometimes grant “first refusal rights,” meaning, we will tentatively hold the date, then call you if another client requests the date, giving you a chance to submit a firm offer or release the date.
How much does it cost to book a speaker?
- Our speaker fees vary, depending on which speaker and the event. Some of our speakers will offer special discounts for non-profit groups. Discounts also may apply if your organization is in the speaker’s state of residence. Call our agent Jill Nickerson and she will help you maximize your speaker budget value.
What are the travel and lodging costs for your speakers?
- We like to say that TPG Speakers is a “diva free” agency! By this we mean that our speakers expect only reasonable expense reimbursements such as round-trip economical airfare or mileage reimbursement at the government rate, hotel lodging, ground transportation, and a per diem fee typically not to exceed $100 per day per speaker. (Silk sheets, Evian water for bathing, Lear jet travel and bendable straws are strictly optional.)
My event is international. Do special rates apply?
- It depends. If there is extensive travel time required on either side of the engagement, a speaker may have an increased fee. Travel accommodations could vary as well. But our agent will work with you to accommodate your needs.
I don’t see a speaker on your site that is the exact fit for our meeting. Or, we used you last year and want a different speaker but we want to work with you again. How can you help?
- We would be delighted to help recommend speakers to you at no additional cost. We have a network of other agents and speakers we can connect you with and are happy to do so. We realize that finding the perfect speaker is important but can also be challenging. So let us help you!
I’m interested in one of your speakers but before I book them, I’d like to speak with them and ask a few questions. Is this possible?
- Absolutely! In fact, our speakers prefer this process when possible to help us best understand your audience. Because we do not give canned speeches, a dialogue with you is extremely important. We realize that you have many choices and that you may have a vetting process. Contact our agent to set up a call so we can help you hear how our topics will be a fit for your program.
Can I book one of your speakers directly or through a bureau?
- Our speakers are the exclusive talent of TPG Speakers and they negotiate their contracts and fees solely through us. However, we do broker with other agents at no additional cost. If you enjoy working with another bureau but are interested in our talent, we will happily work with your preferred team. We do not mark up our speaker fees when brokering in order to increase commissions. We only quote our speakers’ current fees.