The Art of Delegation & Accountability
Most leaders struggle to navigate the natural tension between effective delegation and micromanagement.
New leaders often ask, "How do I hold people accountable for their actions without being overbearing?" To many of us, it can feel more comfortable to do the work ourselves instead of delegating.
This course will teach you the ins and outs of good delegating—when and how to delegate, to whom, and why. You'll learn how to determine the strengths and opportunities of each team member, and how delegation can help their development. You'll practice setting clear desired outcomes, boundaries, and expectations.
We will also discuss frequency of checking in to both support and hold accountable those to whom tasks have been delegated as well as how to handle things if the employee isn’t achieving the desired result.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Assess your current activities to determine what should be delegated.
- Set clear expectations and desired results when delegating.
- Create accountability without micromanaging.
- Participant Workbook
- Course Handouts and Supplies
- Certificate for PDU/CEU Credits